Date of last revision: May 15, 2019
Thank you for visiting, shopping, and utilizing the services provided at Lifesaving4Life.com! Here at Lifesaving4Life Training Inc. we are committed to providing our clients with the best customer experience and the ultimate protection of the information we collect, use, and disclose of, from our clients. Below outlines the information we collect about our clients on our website, how we use the information our clients provide to us, and the choices our clients have to review, revise, and/or restrict our usage of this information. Our privacy commitment to our clients ensures that the information collected and used is confidential, precise, and secure, and allows for our clients to request change, correction or access to their personal information. If you’re a client and you’d like to access your personal information Lifesaving4Life Training Inc. has on file (for correction or deletion purposes), or if you just have any general questions about any of our policies, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
The information we collect from our clients includes their:
- Personal Information (client’s full name, phone number, email address, date of birth, shipping and billing addresses [including province, ZIP/postal code, city]), which is used for the purpose of registration, payment, and certification.
- Contact Information (client’s full name, business and/or personal phone number, business and/or personal email address, and business and/or personal address [including province, ZIP/postal code, city]), which is used or the purpose of contacting the client.
- Payment Information (i.e. credit card information) is collected via PayPal (our third-party payment facilitator provider)
Since we value our clients dearly, we hold the utmost respect for being responsible with their information, and will not use and/or disclose their information in any way (other than the non-voluntary purposes previously stated), unless consent is provided by the client themselves.
We may from time to time use various cookies that retain information about you and your use of our websites. A cookie is a small piece of data that is transferred from a website, via your web browser and is automatically stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are widely used to make websites work or make them work better. Cookies provide us with information about your activities or preferences whilst using our websites and provide statistical and technical information about how you use our websites. We use this information to improve our websites and deliver a better personalised service. We use a number of different cookies on our websites.
- Persistent cookies: we may set a cookie on your PC to remember your details. This cookie stays on your computer indefinitely, even after you leave our websites
- Session cookies: we use these to remember your preferences during your visit. Session cookies are stored only temporarily during the browsing sessions and are deleted once the browser is closed
- Flash cookies: we may use Adobe Flash Player in the future to deliver video content. Adobe uses their own cookies to store information about preferences and tracking users
Cookies may be:
- First party cookies: these cookies are set by the LifeSaving4Life Training Inc. website that you visit
- Third party cookies: these cookies are set by a site/service outside of LifeSaving4Life Training Inc. For example, the website might use embedded YouTube or Flickr content, or use third party advertising, and these sites may set their own cookies
How to manage cookies:
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer when you browse the internet. Our web servers may log the IP address and we may use this data to conduct system administration and to analyse website usage and performance. If you access our sites through mobile or other devices, we may also collect your unique device identifier.
Anonymous analytics cookies:
Our websites use Google analytics among other web analytics tools to collect information about how visitors use our websites. For example the number of visitors, the time of visit, which pages you visited, whether you have visited the site before and what site referred you to our websites. We use the data to compile reports and improve our websites. For more information and to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, please visit the Google website.
Links to other websites:
This website contains links to other websites as a service to our users. LifeSaving4Life Training Inc. is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. When you leave our site, please check the legal and privacy policies of any site you access.
You can choose not to submit any personally identifiable information to our website. However, if you choose to submit information, you have the right to see and correct the information at any time, either by contacting us, or, if you have access, using our systems to update your own data.
If you receive communications, such as updates and newsletters from us, you can opt out at any time, by following the instructions in the communication.
You can prevent cookies by following the instructions above.
Who do we share the information we collect with?
Lifesaving4Life Training Inc. does share information our client’s provide us with our third-party service providers (i.e. PayPal and The Lifesaving Society), for the purpose of payment and certification allowance. Our client’s information is kept under those third-party providers secure privacy policies, which can be found in the sections above. Our client’s information is also kept in our secure and confidential database for the purpose of record keeping and legal purposes for a total of three years after the client’s course completion date. We may disclose and release information about our client if it is appropriate to: (i) comply with the law; (ii) if requested by public authorities (i.e. a court of a government agency), in order to enforce our site policies, and to protect our rights, property, or safety; (iii) to prevent illegal use of Lifesaving4Life Training Inc.’s website’s “Terms and Conditions” regulations; and (iv) to assist in fraud prevention and/or investigation (i.e. counterfeiting).